Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Was there ever anything as boring as my lecture today?




So we continued on through the history of archaeological thought and big names today....it was a little like slogging uphill through the mud. One set of drooping eyelids in the back, one set in the front....and the other six pairs made an OK showing of staying with me.

I guess I should have talked about the wife-swapping or sherd-throwing, ah well, tomorrow is dating techniques, and that my friends, is perhaps the only topic more entrancing than neo-Marxism to students in summer intro course.


P.S. I didn't get much sleep last night because the rat/squirrel that lives in the wall was back and scurrying/munching with a vengeance.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bob Dively said...

I dunno. If you frame it the right way, "dating techniques" might seem pretty damned exciting to students. I sure could have used some knowledge on the topic when I was in college.

1:34 PM  
Blogger pughd said...

Sounds like fun. And here I'm slogging through my lecture tomorrow entitled "Witchcraft, Cannibalism, and Human Sacrifice." Good luck with explaining radioactive decay!

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home